Saturday, January 31, 2009

Where Do you Stand?

Where Do You Stand?
Where do you stand with regard to critical thinking?
I like to think that I myself am a critical thinker. I think it is a good quality to have, if done rightly. I try to look at every situation with all views and come to a conclusion about it.
FEET: What do I stand for as a foundation of critical thinking?
I believe the foundation of critical thinking is independent thought. One should know how to think about something without being told what to think about it. I believe that is the core of it. STOMACH: What upsets me about critical thinking? I don’t think anything really upsets me about critical thinking. Not anything that I can think of right now anyway. I guess people may overdue their critical thinking sometimes by being a little to critical. HEART: What do I love about critical thinking?
I love the freedom of it. I love the fact that I can come to my own conclusion based on facts and truths and not assumptions and falsehoods.
HANDS: What do I feel about critical thinking?
I feel critical thinking is something everyone should do. It is a good brain tool to have when looking at issues or anything really.
EARS: What do I hear about critical thinking?
I do not hear much about it. I hope in taking this class I’ll get to know more about it and hear a lot more about it.
EYES: What do I see about critical thinking?
I see it done everyday all around me. It comes naturally to some and maybe to others they found through experience it is a helpful instrument for their brains.
BRAIN: What do I think about critical thinking?
I think critical thinking is an all around good quality to have. But it should be done right and when facts arise that challenge your beliefs, you should be able to adjust those beliefs to fit the new facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment